Nexstar Media Inc., America’s largest local broadcasting company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President & General Manager to lead KTXL (FOX) as well as Fox40.com and the digital, mobile, and social platforms associated with the station in the Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA DMA (#20).
The FOX40 broadcast center is located in Sacramento which is the state capitol of California and one of the fastest growing cities in the state of California. It’s a diverse area in Northern California, covering everything from metropolitan to rural and agricultural communities. Sacramento has much to offer including outdoor recreation, art & cultural and a thriving nightlife and food scene; it’s known as the farm to fork capital of the U.S. Plus, it is in close proximity to other world class destinations. San Francisco is just 90 miles, the Napa wine region is 60 miles and Lake Tahoe is 120 miles. Sacramento is home to the Sacramento Kings (NBA), Sacramento Republic FC (USL Champions), the River Cats (Triple-A Minor League Baseball), the Stockton Ports (Minor League Baseball), and other sports teams.
The ideal candidate will utilize their proven skillsets and demonstrable experience in leading broadcast operational teams with sales-driven organizations, developing locally originated content, and commitment to community service to further propel our linear and digital audiences. Promoting a winning culture of teamwork within all station departments and prior success in maintaining a focus on operational efficiencies and growth in programming performance and new local revenue generation is required.
Essential Duties and Requirements
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years of general management experience at a commercial broadcast television station with accompanying digital assets.
- The right fit for this position will be a seasoned and knowledgeable professional who is a driven advocate of local broadcasting and digital service to the community in which they have previously served, and a proven history of audience growth. In addition, ideal candidates should possess a strong track record of revenue achievement, share growth and financial expense understanding.
- This position requires a leader with exemplary strategic vision, focused execution, and a verified understanding of local outreach and thoughtful community involvement.
- In addition to having a proven track record of managing high-performing sales, and news teams, the successful candidate must be effective in collaborating with department heads and staff members, while promoting teamwork within all areas of station operations, preferably with oversight of a large staff.
- The ability to engage local community leaders and develop long-term relationships with key station clients is essential.
If you are interested in joining the executive ranks of Nexstar Media Inc. and making an impact in Sacramento, CA you are encouraged to apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers
CLICK HERE to apply directly to the position of Vice President & General Manager at KTXL.
About Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content, including 283,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s television assets also include NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 75 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property with over 120 million monthly unique users as of December 31, 2021. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.