Are you ready to join an exciting and innovative team as our Senior Sales Executive of TV Systems?
We’re looking for a dynamic individual to sell our groundbreaking WeatherShow EnhancerTM Display System, built on AccuWeather’s popular StoryTeller+ Touchscreen.
This system is a game-changer for TV stations, offering new special effects and capabilities that elevate their entire weather presentation, grow their audience, and save them money on production costs.
It was very well received at the NAB in April, and now we’re looking for a talented Senior Sales Executive to help us bring it to even more stations.
As the Senior Sales Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to generate leads using your own contacts, qualify prospects, and build relationships with General Managers and Corporate VP’s of television stations. You’ll sell the WeatherShow Enhancer through station visits and Zoom calls, following up on all leads generated by advertising, trade shows, mailings, website, and other media.
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a breakthrough new system. We’re looking for someone who is proven and successful in selling products in the television marketplace, with a minimum of 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or a related field and a track record of selling to General Managers and Corporate VPs of television stations, we want to hear from you. This role requires excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships within the television industry. You’ll be responsible for selling AccuWeather’s Television systems and services (i.e., StoryTeller Interactive Touch Screen, WeatherShow Creator, WeatherShow Enhancer, and data services) to television stations with a minimum of 50% travel required.
Join us and be part of a team that’s revolutionizing the television industry!
- As a proven self-starter who can generate leads using your own contacts, qualify prospects, present and persuade TV Stations to buy, and has a successful track record selling equipment to TV Stations. Experience selling weather systems or software to TV news is desired but not required.
- Proven experience in selling to General Managers and Corporate VP of television stations with proven metrics for performance against quota.
- You’ll be responsible for selling AccuWeather’s WeatherShow Enhancers through station visits and Zoom calls, using your outstanding ability to close deals and exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Inform current and prospective customers of current promotions and new products or data, and compile lists of prospective customers to use as sales leads based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, business directories, internet websites, and other sources.
- With a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience, you’ll be able to work in a fast-paced environment, knowing that efficiency is vital to success.
- You’ll have proven experience in selling to General Managers and Corporate VP of television stations, with a successful track record selling equipment to TV Stations.
- As a relationship builder, you’ll capitalize on your connections within the television industry, selling AccuWeather’s Television systems and services (i.e. StoryTeller Interactive Touch Screen, WeatherShow Creator, WeatherShow Enhancer, and Data services) to television stations with at least 50% travel required.
Join our exciting and innovative team as our Senior Sales Executive of TV Systems and be part of a game changing WeatherShow Enhancer Display System that elevates the entire weather presentation of TV stations, grows their audience, and saves them money on production costs!
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
WeatherShow Creator tm StoryTeller+ by selling it to local television markets and new business sectors. We are looking for someone who is highly passionate about sales to identify new markets to expand the business into, as well as work with marketing to position and price for maximum market penetration and growth.
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, and prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them better plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather serves over half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features for the first time we will provide access to local TV Stations, AccuWeather MinuteCast®, a patented hyperlocal, Minute-by-Minute™ localized forecast of precipitation type and intensity for the next two hours with Superior Accuracy™.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.